Uploading Files using Filezilla (FTP):
Filezilla is and FTP client used to transfer files to remote server and vice-versa. There are many ways to transfer files but Filezilla is most efficient and easy to use. In this tutorial I will show you how to transfer files using Filezilla. Apart from Filezilla we can transfer files using Dreamweaver and many other FTP clients.
Step by step tips to file transfer:
- Download Filezilla from https://filezilla-project.org/ and install it.
- We need to connect it to web server.
- Fill the 3 fields at the top there.
- Host is your hosting company eg. Bluehost.com.
- Username and password of your cpanel account.
- Use port no 21.
- If you get message directory listing successful then you are successfully connected to web server.
Transfer Files using Filezilla:
On LHS there are files on your local computer and on RHS there are files on you web server. You just need to drag and drop the files you want to download or upload.
Thanks for reading this tutorial. I hope it was useful. If you have any doubts ask them in comments section or send me an email from contact us button.