What is on page optimization?
Okay!lets come straight to the point.What is on page optimization?
On page optimization is a way to optimize your page content for seo or for a better presense on search engines.So,what makes a particularly page better optimized .Here is the list of factors.
- Title tag
- Alt tag for images
- Meta description and Meta keywords
- Keyword density
Title tag :
- Title tag is the important tag for search engines as well as for your site users.
- Give title tag relevant to your content
- It reflects the content of your page.
- Always try to give a catchy and attention grabbing title tag
- Try to get your keyword into title tag
- Don’t try to give title exactly same as keywords,instead go for some attractive title.
for eg. if my keyword is “responsive web design ” then you can give title tag as “15 amazing tips for responsive web design”
After title tag comes the heading.
- Heading’s really matter in getting good ranks
- Give headings in ascending order H1,H2,H3,H4,H5,H6
- Google loves this format
- If necessary you can repeat heading’s
- Try to repeat your primary keyword in heading
Give alt tag to images :
Google cant find images on your page.Alt tag lets google know that your page contains images.So alt tags represent images in front of google.Don’t ignore alt tags.
- Try to give your keyword in alt tag
- Alt tag should contain information regarding your image so google can identify what your image is about
Meta description and Meta keywords:
When you search something in Google you can see description below every result and that is known as meta description.Sometimes reading this someone clicks on the result.
Nowadays Google is not considering Meta description for pagerank but Yahoo,Bing and MSN still give weightage for meta description.Meta description should be maximum 160 characters long.
Same is with meta keywords.Yahoo,MSN,Bing still considers meta keywords for rankings.It should be around 70-75 characters long i.e 3 to 4 keywords.
If you are using WordPress you can use “all in one seo “plugin which lets you to give title,meta description and meta keywords all at one place.
Interlinking is mainly useful in engaging your users.A good interlinking gives you a positive factor for search engines rankings.
Keyword density :
Try to repeat keywords naturally in the content .Keyword density should be around 3 to 4%.Over keyword density can penalise your blog.
We love feedback so let it come.Hit like button if you liked the content.We believe in sharing knowledge.